High Power Committee (HPC) in the Higher Education Department has been constituted under sub-section
(15) of section-5 and sub section (4)
of section-6 of the Orissa Education Act, 1969 (Orissa Act 15 of 1969). Any Non-Government Educational institutions of Junior, Degree or
professional colleges need the approval of HPC for their establishment.
HPC considers the proposals received from the Prescribed Authorities as the Director, Higher Education, Odisha in case of Professional Colleges,
the Regional Directors of Education, Bhubaneswar, Berhampur and Sambalpur in case of +2, and +3 colleges in the state. The sole work of HPC is to decide
on the opening permission; increase of seats; permanent recognition; closure of a college; opening permission for Honours Subject; opening permission for a
new subject in a college; change of place of a college etc.
Members of the Committee
The following are the members of HPC.
- Principal Secretary, Higher Education Department (Chairman).
- Director, Higher Education, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
- One Representative of Finance Department (Not the below rank of Deputy Secretary).
- One representative of Law Department (Not the below rank of Deputy Secretary).
- Vice-Chancellor, Shree Jagannath Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Puri.
- Chairperson, Council of Higher Education, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
- Regional Director of Education, Bhubaneswar/ Berhampur/ Sambalpur.
- Joint/ Deputy Secretary, Higher Education Department as Convenor.